Elder Runolfson reported to the MTC on May 7th, 2008. He will be learning Spanish and flew to Argentina on July 7th.

July 7th, 2008-Monday

Today is July 7th and Mark flew to Argentina today! The family got a call from him and spoke to him for a couple of hours and he's doing great!

Argentina

Argentina

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

All

I just got my email set up, currently I am waiting for my laundry. My P-Days here are tuesdays.

I did get to see Matt. Not for long though. our schedules don't match up. I study only with my district. All 10 of whom reported the same day as myself.

My room, Elders: Jensen, Clark and Hoopes, have been getting up at 6am and preparing for the day. Breakfast is at 7. Classes and Study Times go all day. lunch at 11:30, dinner at 4:30. Each district has there own teacher(s), our are Brother Cantreres (Spelling?), Warr, Archibald.

Learning Spanish is pretty hard. the hardest part of it is our lessons are taught in Spanish. It is hard to fallow what is said, but it does give us good experience. I read about what was taught later on and practice on the computer program (TALL Lab). I have learned a good hand full of subject in Spanish, some really difficult ones and some easy.

One of the best ways we are learning vocabulary is using pictures and ideas, not translations. So, read and say a Spanish word and compare it to a picture or acted out idea. This way the correct idea of a Spanish word is learned. Spanish does not have direct translations, only similar meanings. We have been learning Verbs, and each verb can be said at least 6 different ways.

Love Mark
Write to you later!

No comments: