Elder Runolfson reported to the MTC on May 7th, 2008. He will be learning Spanish and flew to Argentina on July 7th.

July 7th, 2008-Monday

Today is July 7th and Mark flew to Argentina today! The family got a call from him and spoke to him for a couple of hours and he's doing great!

Argentina

Argentina

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

5/27/2008

Family,

Thank you for your e-mail. I don’t want to get distracted but I do miss you and love you and I love to hear from you and get all your news.

The news about the Martinusens is incredible! Thrilling! They are in my prayers. I actually can hardly keep in my excitement!!!

We have worked at the Call Center (referral center, aka RC.) We have gone twice. Mom: I don’t think I will tell you when we go so that you don’t try to call. Our District is a designated ‘Chat District’. We are to primarily chat with people on the church website-one of the websites at least. Our first visit was only a review but our second visit was a bit better. The first visit, 10 mins of Available Status, there was only one call. Everyone got all excited just because it was a call. Elder Orchard took the call and had to counsel a member to her bishop for a blessing. Twice that night we got calls for our ‘prayer line’ which we don’t have. Oh well.

The second trip was a lot better and we had a handful of chats. I got one call shortly after we got started. I think the guy got up on the wrong side of the bed. The rest of the hour and a half we were there I was on chat with a girl named Natasha. It was hard trying to figure out how to help her. She wanted to know about the church and if it was true. However, her Dad hates the church. I do look forward to going again but hope I can maybe talk to or chat with more people and be of good help. But whatever the Lord wants.

Our time is split up pretty well with language study; spiritual, personal and companion study; class time and practices in the TEC or TRC where we can teach Teachers or Volunteers and get feed back.

If you want to send me something, I would like a small snack box for the room especially crackers like Wheat Thins. And a family photo.

The MTC does make me laugh sometimes. Our dist. has two awesome teachers and we get along great. We do have serious moments, but usually the day is all good.

I would love to get some stories of some of our ancestors. If you would like we could maybe trade talks. Write a talk about something and I will keep writing and we could switch. Each week every missionary writes on one of the selected Christ-like attributes.

I want to get some photos from here to you.

I love you all,

Mark

No comments: