Elder Runolfson reported to the MTC on May 7th, 2008. He will be learning Spanish and flew to Argentina on July 7th.

July 7th, 2008-Monday

Today is July 7th and Mark flew to Argentina today! The family got a call from him and spoke to him for a couple of hours and he's doing great!

Argentina

Argentina

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

5/20/2008

Kristin-

I have been gone for almost two weeks but the time has just disappeared. They say missions bless the while family, I hope it certainly does. Could you read the letter to the family? I have limited time to write so I don’t want to repeat a lot.

My companion, Elder Jensen, and I get a long well. His most prominent strengths are singing and he’s not shy. We both do well at keeping the peace. I’ve gotten to know my district pretty well. They are almost family.

I need some duct tape. My scripture case needs some adjustments. The MTC is comfortable enough. I feel like I am living like a King! At least compared to where I am going. I have seen some pictures, heard some real letters and some rumors. But whatever the case is in Argentina, I know the Lord will provide. As Nefi [Spanish spelling for Nephi] said, the Lord doesn’t command anything unless he shall provide a way.

Thank you for the journal you gave me at Christmas. I am putting it to good use. Thank you for the cookies. I enjoyed them. Maybe there were too many at a time, but still enjoyed them. Everyone says they are gaining weight. People will probably lose some in their walking areas.

My residence is on floor 1 but class is on floor 5 and no elevator for our use! But I should be grateful for the extra exercise. Tell Mike thank you for the Hymn book again. It came in handy quickly. Especially the English Index in the front

There was one more thing for the family if you could relay the message. Check to see if the Tuesday MTC Firesides are available on the BYU channel. I will be there and they are cool!

No comments: